2012 Tahoe Z71 interior noise from back lift gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rod320

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum and a new owner of a 2012 Tahoe Z71, my first Tahoe. All stock except for a CAI which was on the truck when I bought it and a 2" leveling kit on the front. The truck came from Covert Cadillac in Austin Tx, 44K miles and it is ridiculously clean and gorgeous. It is silver w/ black int. The issue I'm having is the rear hatch/liftgate makes quite a bit of clunking and squeaking noises while driving over anything that is not completely smooth, I can sometimes actually feel it from the drivers seat. I've checked the spare tire to make sure it's not loose as that was the first thing I thought of. Is this common in these trucks and if not any experiences or ideas/causes as to what this could be and how to remedy it would be greatly appreciated. It is almost a deal killer for me at this stage and I've only owned it for 60 days. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: