2013 LTZ weight distribution question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpaeth

Reaction score
I just bought a 2013 Tahoe LTZ with the towing package on it. I am getting ready to buy an RV trailer (looking at either a 28' or 31') and have been reading up on weight distributing hitches. I have read in a couple places that if the hitch doesn't have both a weight carrying AND a weight distributing limit listed on the hitch sticker than you CAN'T use a weight distributing hitch. When I looked at my hitch i didn't see two limits listed though.. just the 10,000 lb trailer and 1,000 lb hitch limit. I know of course that this is only the limit of the hitch and don't intend to exceed the 8,200 lb limit of the Tahoe 4WD. But I am just concerned now that the hitch isn't compatible with a weight distribution system. I have a hard time believing that a Tahoe with the tow package wouldn't be able to use a weight distribution system though... anyone here know for sure?

Thank you