2015 Paint Rust Spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blondielevi

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a 2015 Tahoe that the paint is already rusting? I contacted the dealer and they want me to bring it in. They are claiming it's probably the brake pads spitting remnants up and onto paint, leaving rust spots all over the entire vehicle. They will do a "one-time buff and wax" if that's what it is. After that, we're "on our own". Lovely, huh? We're not happy GM owners as of today. We've made FIVE payments on this loaded LTZ! GM better step up to the plate or we will never purchase another one again. I'm curious if anyone else has seen this yet?

Ojustracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its small little rust spots. Kinda like sand particles that have rusted. Its commonly called Rail Dust on newer cars. But it can be from brake dust.

blondielevi

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. How do we remove this? If it's brake dust, will it continue to do that for the life of the vehicle?

Ojustracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clay bar should would remove it. Think GM has some type of chemical to remove it. I don't see a lot of Oem brakes cause what you are complaining of. Now my Firebird with high metallic Race pads made a freaking mess of the paint. I would assume that it is over the truck that it is Rail Dust. Look up Rail Dust on the Net and you can read for Days on the subject.

Mariner

Reaction score
Pics? Is it safe to assume that this is just rust-colored dust on top of the paint, rather than actual body rust?