2015+ Tahoe Center Top Console Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozkan_Tahoe

Reaction score
There was a discussion from 2 yrs ago but the video from Tahoe_Tom is missing...I am planning to replace 2016 LT center console (no lids) with LTZ one with lids.

1-anybody knows how to remove it w/o breaking ?
2-LT console comes w/heated seats button (2-button config) but LTZ one comes with 3-button config (heat&ventilated seats)...I dont have ventilated seats.

shall I replace buttons of LTZ one with LT buttons, and then replace pre-wiring, too ?.

or just connect LTZ console to existing sockets and ventilation button will be ignored ?
Thx

Attachments

• Center Top Console-1.jpg
    Center Top Console-1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 43
  • LT.jpg
    LT.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 33
  • LTZ.jpg
    LTZ.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

KK5150

Reaction score
Hey, I have some insight to this. I just bought an LTZ console and changed out my LT non-lid console. The heated seat buttons are the same size as the heat/ac ones on the LTZ. It was a very simple change out, took about 30 minutes. I just lifted the console right under the lid and it popped out. about 8 or so clips holding it.

The LTZ console had wiring for the AC and heat seats, so I just swapped harnesses as well

I unplugged the USB and lighter plugs, the seat warmers and then finally the larger main power plug and simply swapped the seat buttons out and hooked it back up. Simple.

Ozkan_Tahoe

Reaction score
thank you, just wondering the clips area circled in red in this picture...

shall I first start lifting up from the back side (arm rest side) and then slide towards backwards not to break anything or just lift it under the lid ?

Attachments

• Tahoe-CCons-1.jpg
    Tahoe-CCons-1.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 38

KK5150

Reaction score
Sorry this took so long, but I just started at the lid area.