2015 Tahoe PPV Center Console need cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calllka

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a new 2015 Tahoe PPV, and it came without a center console. I purchased a regular center console for 2015 Tahoe thinking all I need to do it screw it in. The part I'm missing is the cables that connect to center console ports and the ports on the floor of the car, under passenger seat. I've been to 4 different Chevy dealerships, and none of them can figure this out. I've been driving around with passenger seat removed and center console simply resting on the floor for months. If anyone has any clue at all what cable I need to order, please help. Here are some photos of the jacks on the floor under passenger seat.

calllka

Reaction score
Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_5657.jpg
    IMG_5657.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5658.jpg
    IMG_5658.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5659.jpg
    IMG_5659.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5661.jpg
    IMG_5661.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 23

gatekeeper

Reaction score
donno if you can find what your looking for in a junk yard. doubt anyone sells the harness under the console

calllka

Reaction score
I assumed I could order it at a chevy dealer, as long as I knew the part number, because they couldn't figure it out.

gatekeeper

Reaction score
they should have a service manual that gives them all part numbers like this

Last edited:

calllka

Reaction score
I wish that was the case, but somehow they can't find the right part.

iShag

Reaction score
This is a few months old and you might have found a answer but I had the same problem. Call your dealer. They should have included the cable. My cable wasn't included but the dealer shipped it for free but the cable did not match up. Some how Chevy switched the cables up for 2015. So, I just cut the ends off and spliced the wires. It was a pain but it all worked out. All for USB/AUX ports.

ronnieverette

Reaction score
AB02 L0415514 are the numbers on my cable. I am a Deputy Sheriff rolling a 2015. Love this truck but of course it has the police equipment where the console was. I wanted to plug my phone into the truck, so I asked the guys at the shop for the skinny. He gave me this cable, and said it was hell to put together under the seat. He isn't kidding. I still haven't found the plugs, and I hate to pull the passenger seat out because it is attached to the cage, and the computer stand. He told me that Chevy sent the cord to the county as part of a recall, but it was some sort of mistake. If you buy the cord from the dealer, I was told it cost $250.

GMtip

Reaction score
Calllka... did you get the console figured out? I just bought an 2015 SSV. I am about to do the same thing and looking for tips.

srqmedic

Reaction score
Not sure if they come from Chevy stripped but check with the company's that upfit the vehicles and see if they can help.

Questions

Reaction score
I know this post is way old. But did you ever find the cord? And if so did you get a part number? I'm trying to get one and the dealer cant seem to find this part

cmatt

Reaction score
I can help. In 2015, GM was using a 23 pin connector for the jump seat harness. It changed to a 16 pin connector for 2016+ models. Those connections in the floor shown in the pics of the earlier post are for a jump seat. It's my understanding the PPV/SSV Tahoes will have those connections.

SUVs with center consoles have a different instrument panel harness that has provisions to mate with the harness in a center console.

I am currently building a conversion harness that will allow you to add a center console and utilize most of its features.

I can also source the correct factory jump seat harness if, for example, you bought a jump seat with a 16 pin connector and need the 23 pin version.

PM me for info.

cmatt

Reaction score
I don’t know what it is, but I can’t seem to send PMs on this forum. I can receive them. PMs work fine through Tapatalk and a browser for other forums.

For those of you that have sent me a PM about a console harness, I’m not ignoring you. Please email me at cmattbuild1 AT gmail DOT com.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk