2015 Tahoe Remote Vehicle Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arc9656

Reaction score
Hi. New to the forum. Just bought a used '15 Tahoe LTZ from a authorized dealer and the Start/Stop Ignition Switch is not working. The dealer has ordered the part for replacement, under warranty. In the meantime, I have been using the remote vehicle start (RVS). A couple of times the RVS system would not start the car. After climbing into the car and pressing the start/stop button repeatedly, the dash turned off, climbed out of the car, locked it and remote started it.
However, today, I was showing the RVS to a co-worker and after two consecutive remote starts, the car would not start. I press lock and then start on the remote, lights flash, but no start.
I've checked on the web that possibilities might be: car in valet mode; passive security system activated; or, need to reprogram remote (even though it opens/closes my locks).
Any help is greatly appreciated since it seems my dealer does not know how to deal with this either.
Thanks.