2015 Tahoe SD Card for MyLink

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krmullins

Reaction score
Can anyone assist me with the requirements (hardware) for a SD Card to work in my Tahoe? I ordered a 64GB card and was told by a member in a forum that this worked for them.

I was unable to get this to work in my Tahoe. I did contact Chevrolet and they said the maximum size card is 32GB.

I want to transfer music to a SD Card. Any assistance that you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KRM

Last edited:

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried an SD card but there should be a slot for one, have to look at my LTZ in the morning. I put all my digitized music on a USB flash drive. I picked up a couple of 128GB flash drives on Amazon for about $45. I think a USB flash drive will read better than an SD card also.

krmullins

Reaction score
Thank you for the response to my post. I sent the 64GB card back and reordered a 32GB Card, which Chevrolet MyLink support says is the maximum size accepted for the SD Card reader.

I can play music from my iPhone, but it would be nice to have this on a SD Card due to the portable size.

Thanks,

KRM

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LTZ has one SD card reader but 5 USB ports so I use USB flash drives for my music. I prefer them since the ones use have a cap and I don't have to put an SD card in a holder. If you are playing music, speed should not be a factor.

krmullins

Reaction score
I was able to solve the problem by ordering a 64GB flash drive. I ordered a very small device Cruzer.

I found that in order to make it work correctly, I had to program all of the music files to MP3 format. It did not read the Apple Files and WMA files.

I also deleted any system files from the flash drive that were copied from my computer. I have tested it extensively over the past two days and it works great.

Thanks,

KRM

Qwest

Reaction score
Damn idiot GM support guy I got handed off to from Onstar told me the SD card slot didn't support music and was only there to load maps to update navigation. I owned it for a week not know he was wrong.

Thomas_T

Reaction score
I was able to solve the problem by ordering a 64GB flash drive. I ordered a very small device Cruzer.

64 GB works for you? Can you give me the exact model of the thumb drive?

Also, I've been having troubles with thumb drives becoming corrupt after month or two of play. Anyone else experience this?