28.3 MPG - 2018 Tahoe Premier 4x4 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the fuel economy of my Tahoe. Now with almost 62k miles, recently driving solo from Las Vegas to Rancho Cucamonga, over 214 miles, used 1/4 tank of fuel, 28.3mpg on the DIC. It later went up to 29mpg as I descended down to Ontario, about 10 miles further. My cruise control was set to 74mph and hit no traffic. When I've made the same trip with a little traffic and cruising with the higher speed of traffic and 1-2 passengers, I usually see 22-23mpg. Fuel - 91 octane.

Miami-Dade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the fuel economy of my Tahoe. Now with almost 62k miles, recently driving solo from Las Vegas to Rancho Cucamonga, over 214 miles, used 1/4 tank of fuel, 28.3mpg on the DIC. It later went up to 29mpg as I descended down to Ontario, about 10 miles further. My cruise control was set to 74mph and hit no traffic. When I've made the same trip with a little traffic and cruising with the higher speed of traffic and 1-2 passengers, I usually see 22-23mpg. Fuel - 91 octane.
I get the same on my 2016 Tahoe 4x2 on 87 octane with cruise control on 74.

For a 4x4 that is excellent!

THK88

Reaction score
I'm amazed at the fuel economy of my Tahoe https://epicvin.com/license-plate-lookup/texas. Now with almost 62k miles, recently driving solo from Las Vegas to Rancho Cucamonga, over 214 miles, used 1/4 tank of fuel, 28.3mpg on the DIC. It later went up to 29mpg as I descended down to Ontario, about 10 miles further. My cruise control was set to 74mph and hit no traffic. When I've made the same trip with a little traffic and cruising with the higher speed of traffic and 1-2 passengers, I usually see 22-23mpg. Fuel - 91 octane.
The same thing. Buying my 2016 Tahoe was the best desicion