2nd row bench recline kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered and installed a recline kit for my 2nd row bench. I don't know if anyone else has done this install, so I just thought I would share a little.

The kit came with 3 parts:

A left and right for the longer, 60 bench:

60_seat.JPG

One piece for the 40 seat:

40_seat.JPG

The install was fairly easy. It was just a matter of unbolting the rear bench and dragging it into the living room for an easier environment on the leather.

These are the instructions in case anyone is interested:

http://www.hummergearsales.com/catalog/images/MANUAL/RearKitManualH2Tahoe.pdf

After installing this kit myself, I only fault the instructions for 2 things:

For tools required, having a c-clamp really helped me out, shown in this pic:

clamp.JPG

That is the 60 bench, face down. I had to use the clamp (since the loaded spring was working against me) to align the holes so I could insert the final bolt into the hole.

The second issue are these stock rubber grommets:

DSC00472.JPG

You have to make sure to transfer the stock rubber grommets over to the new pieces. This is only on the left side of the 60 seat. If you do not do this, the 60 seat has A LOT of play within each position, so you can rock the 60 bench back and forth which makes it feel broken, loose, and unsafe. I had to figure this out on my own, but after transferring the grommets, the longer bench was soild and secure. The instructions do not mention the grommets at all. Even with this mistake, the install took me about 3 hours, with me taking my time.

The final install:

DSC00476.JPG

DSC00484.JPG

DSC00487.JPG

DSC00490.JPG

Final product notes:

The 40 seat does recline back farther than the longer bench, but this is only a nitpick. But it does make the 40 seat the favorable spot back there, almost worthy of calling "rear shotgun" for it with your buddies. I don't know how long this kit has sat on a shelf, but it did need a spray of silicone lubricant for smooth action. Again, no biggie. The recline handle is easy to reach, even with the doors close. This might be a problem for someone with really big arms and hands.

I think the biggest negative was that the kit was $390. I have enough frequency of rear passengers (and complaints) that I finally gave in and bought this kit. I guess I probably could have bought captains chairs for the same price (maybe more??), but I did not want to lose any passenger seating.

The recline doesn't look like much in the pics (to me, at least), but I sat back there and it is a WORLD of difference.

So I just thought I would post this up in case anyone is considering the kit.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have an Ebay store, which is the cheaper price that I quoted. It is easy to find within ebay's search function, but anyone can PM me for the link.

I just didn't want to violate any supporting vendor rules on this site.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Professional grade 2002 FTW!
DSC01568.jpg

DSC01567.jpg

Nice write up tho, I really like the 03+ interiors but not the rest of the truck.

812EnRoute

Reaction score
With the seats reclined dose it interfere with the rear cargo area pull out cover? Also are there multiple positions you can put it in or is it stock and recline?