2wd 1995 Tahoe Rear SwayBar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone with a 2wd 95 have a factory sway bar? Any Pics, mine doesnt have one and most of the newer ones I have seen do have one..... Pix of attachment, I am thinking of adding one.... Thanks....

Hawstly

Site Admin
Reaction score
Do tahoes even have rear sway bars? Ive only seen them in the front.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive seen alot of them, altho I think most were 96+..... Just wondering....

FD611V

Reaction score
Sorry to be late in replying to this thread.
I bought a new 1996 Tahoe...1996 of course. It didn't come with a rear sway bar system. I went out to the dealer's sales lot and out of seven Tahoe
's, there were three that had rear sway bars. I ask the dealer why mind didn't have one. His words... the factory failed to install it, so the dealer agreed to install and charge GM for the mistake.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I bought a 98 Sierra and I dont think I will keep my Tahoe much longer after getting the truck up and going..... Even tho the 'hoe has nearly 1/3 the miles than the truck.....

Tex99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey lesterl, when I was hunting around for a rear axle assembly for my `99, the selection criteria differentiated between axles with swaybar and axles without swaybar. There's even different salvage yard codes for what would be considered identical axles.

I don't use swaybar, so the selection/availability list was larger in my case.

However, I'm totally clueless as to the actual mechanical differences between the two. I haven't even seen a swaybar setup, so don't know where any swaybar perches would be positioned...

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, IDK, perhaps there is a perch for the swaybar mounts on the axle?