35w & 55w hid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think its anything to do with that. If anything the H3's in the 5202 base provide better mounting option.

Mine is bubbling in the same place that others w/ 880's is bubbling (which I thought was due to the 880's being further into the housing). It's unavoidable it seems... H3's, 880's, even 5202-HID will all bubble the foil. 35W, 55W... doesnt matter.

I just dont think that foil/housing was made to handle anything other than the stock 5202 halogen which is low wattage.

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think its anything to do with that. If anything the H3's in the 5202 base provide better mounting option.

Mine is bubbling in the same place that others w/ 880's is bubbling (which I thought was due to the 880's being further into the housing). It's unavoidable it seems... H3's, 880's, even 5202-HID will all bubble the foil. 35W, 55W... doesnt matter.

I just dont think that foil/housing was made to handle anything other than the stock 5202 halogen which is low wattage.

I actully think it can be avoided. So far so good on mine. Except I just put them in this morning. Like litrally just got done an hour ago. UPS dropped them off at 8 am. and I went to work. They look good.

Reason I think it can be avoided is because another member installed 9005 HIDS (35W) LAST YEAR with no issues still. Getwired is his name. Hit him up if ya want.

RIZZ For your highbeams, I reccommend HIRS They are only 25% less bright than HIDS and are still halagon, so they will be tons brighter than stock and still have the ability to flash and you wont have the warm up period either. 9011 is what you want, requires a little snip off the top tooth on the bulb. Other than that the plug is the same and wattage is the same.

http://hirheadlights.com/

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ookk ima take all these into consideration...i think i may have to get the projectors leveled cuz it doesnt seem as bright....ima look up some hirs...anywhere online have a good price?? ima trust badlac...and stick with 35w and just get 5k-6k maybe 6 cuz i want a little blue...

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to add something on HID installation and/or replacing factory headlight bulbs. They're a piece of cake and take no more than 15-20 minutes, and the bumper does not have to come out.

Driver side- unscrew the neck for the windshield washer fluid, remove the 8 bolts holding the non-existent battery and that's it. There's a rubbery/foam flap thats held on by a plastic rivet thing, pop that out and you have access to it. Takes a total of 10 minutes to remove and put back.

Passenger side- just loosen the 1 screw that holds the clamp to the airbox, disconnect the electric connector and the airbox pulls right out. Two little plastic rivet things holding the rubbery/foam flap and you have access to that as well. Takes 2 minutes to remove and put back.

Now if you're doing high beams, it looks like its a tad tougher because of clearance but I wouldn't imagine it being any harder.

I just did my HID kit- low beam only. It was the DDM tuning slim ballast kit. Completely plug in play, took less than 20 minutes to install completely and works awesome. I went with the 55w and they're very bright. You can almost not even notice when I turn on my brights. They're actually almost too bright and would probably go with the 35w if I was to do it again. It works very well for me but even after adjusting it lower, the other drivers keep flashing me. I don't want to adjust it so low that it's worse than the factory lights in distance it covers.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vrroom, thanks for the tips! I just ordered the DDM kit (35W) w/ 5000k HIDs. I haven't looked, but what is the electrical connector on the air box for?