4wd problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dukebear7

Reaction score
Hi, first time on the forum and I have a 4wd problem. It's a 1999 Tahoe and there is no lights lit up on the push buttons for the 4wd. I was told the transfer case was replaced and didn't work since. I was told it could be the acuator but that was replaced and also was told it could be the transfer case switch but can't find it. Can someone please help it's driving me crazy.

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
none of the buttons light up, even 2wd?

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may just be the buttons/control panel itself

first step would be to pull the switch out and make sure that the wiring harness is firmly plugged in, then the next step would be to either test the connector using a voltmeter and see if you have power or see if you can find someone with the same button setup, plug theirs in, if it works then your problem is a bad button panel

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-901-06...00329&sr=8-1&keywords=99+chevrolet+4wd+button

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the fuse for the 4wd, the harness may have been pinched when the Tcase was replaced and shorted/ blew the fuse....

dukebear7

Reaction score
I did that already and the fuse is fine. Is there another fuse that I might be missing, I looked in the inside fuse panel in between door and dash.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 4 fuses for the electronic transfer case.....