4x4 issue 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dthatcher77

Reaction score
I have an 03 tahoe with 4x4 it will not go into 4 wheel the little light just flashes. The tray shop ran the codes and it came up with all of them. They seem to think there is a short some where. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so any advice as to where I should start.

jlawz

Reaction score
sorry I'm just tagging along....mine will go into 4high but not 4low the light just flashes as well....Good Luck!

chubbs

Reaction score
#1 and cheapest replacement: Encoder motor sensor, aka encoder ring in the transfercase selector motor

#2 selector switch
#3 front diff actuator
#4 TCCM transfer case module

This is of course just throwing parts at the issue. It could even be something mechanical but usually the encoder ring position sensor if the light just flashes when trying to change modes or sometimes is engaged in a mode other than that selected when last used.

Have you guys tried replacing anything yet? Any competent GM mechanic will properly repair your vehicle without throwing parts at it, only charging you for that which was faulting. Keep us up to date, don't leave threads open-ended.

I had the "SERVICE 4WD" light come on last week which I diagnosed as water in the master transfer case wiring connection. All I did was a drive in a bad storm on my way to work & my 4WD became completely disabled until I found the problem.