880 hid kit for foglights in 07 & up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yatch07

Reaction score
880 hid kit

I was just wondering if any of yall have install a 880 hid bulbs in the fog lights I have read diferrent opinion on diferrent thread websites and some say that they had problems and some say that they have not seen any signs of overheating and that they work fine.I read getwired thread about the 9005 bulbs here http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=1635 but i am trying to avoid any mods i have a 07LTZ suburban.:confused2:

Last edited:

chadlewis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i rigged some 880's in the fog light housing. they work fine..but i do have some heat damage

XenonDepot

Reaction score
Hi,

In all honesty, I would not suggest installing an HID kit in your fogs if you are worried about heat damage.

Steve

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm familiar with heat issues...

And I have none with my particular installation (35W 5000K 9005's, bulb bases modded to fit in un-modded OE stock housings, stock wiring modded to use 9005 connectors). Been in there almost a year, and no issues. Give it a shot, it's pretty easy to do, and the lights are awesome. Just make sure the bulbs are 1/2" or more away from the back of the lens, and you'll probably be fine. But, your mileage may vary, and I'm not liable for any damage to yer vehicle, bro! :D

Last edited:

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of 880 HID's in my 08 Silverado and they have worked fine for over a month now with no problems whatsoever. I siliconed them!

XenonDepot

Reaction score
880 kits are fine.

It's when you try to replace the 35W H16 bulb to HID by using modified 9005 bulbs that you have to be careful.

We have had lots of customers use our 880 kits with no problems at all.

Steve

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a H11 kit for my lows and 880 kit for my fogs on ebay for $116 shipped!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of 880 HID's in my 08 Silverado and they have worked fine for over a month now with no problems whatsoever. I siliconed them!

Silverados have bigger fog lights than yukons though. Like 2 inches bigger, that makes a big difference. Both in NBS AND NNBS.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My apple is different from your orange, but that's okay, because it's more sour. I have to peel an orange though, and the apple's seeds hurt my teeth, so that's why I get the seedless oranges. Anyone know where to find seedless apples, so they're more like your orange?

Also, I'm concerned that my apples might be a bit smaller than your oranges -- which leads me to ask, where would I find the navel on this apple; is it in the same place?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an idea, let's answer the OP's question. Seems to be a common problem with this and other forums sometimes... ;)

Yatch07, did you get a usable answer yet, or just a bunch of confusing and related but nevertheless unhelpful info?

XenonDepot

Reaction score
yatch07 - correct me if I'm wrong but the 07 Tahoe does not use an 880 bulb for the fog lights. I'm seeing that it uses a 5202 bulb.

Steve

yatch07

Reaction score
you are correct but i read on some threads that other people have use the 880 bulbs in the fog lights. also has any one use the putco brand replacement bulbs?

1sikhoe

Reaction score
jazejeff, I am about to purchase HID conversition kit for my headlights and fog lights. I am purchasing H11 for headlights (2008 Tahoe) but dont know what to get for the fogs? 9006?!?! Please reply soon thanks

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
going back to the issue on page 1. Just an fyi. when ordering an aftermarket HID kit. The number only matters for the base. You get the same bulb on a 9006 as a 9005 or 880. The bulb number only matters on hid kits to make sure the base fits the housing right. Since you have to modify the base, it really does not matter.

But If I were going to get fogs in the HIDS. I would either get jasejeffs kit. Or get the H3 kit from retro-solutions.com, which has a mini HID bulb. Prolly would avoid heat damage. :D