95 Tahoe 5.7L runs rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dingler71

Reaction score
Hi, new to the group. I have a 95 Tahoe it has been running rough and gradually getting worst. replaced the muffler (cause the old one was rusted through and figured it lost power there). No check engine light. any ideas would be helpful.

canakin

Reaction score
Without specifics, it is hard to tell, but some good maintenance (if it hasn't had any recently) will go a long ways. New fuel filter, cap/rotor, plugs, wires, air filter, oil/filter, and check the timing. You can do all of the above for around $100 bucks and would be a good starting point. I think 95 is still Throttle Body Injected??

Asvedin

Reaction score
Have you checked fuel pressure? Also, if you replace the cap, do not buy aftermarket, ALWAYS buy the ACDelco Cap. The aftermarket ones have a very high failure rate.

thzpcs

Reaction score
Sounds like it's probably the distributor cap. As Asvedin said, most of the aftermarket ones are pretty garbage. I'd recommend picking up an OEM one from someone like these guys.