95 Tahoe Dome lights won't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyomingTahoe

Reaction score
Hi, so I've been having this issue since last summer. The two upper dome lights that come on with the door, won't come on at all. I had LED's installed, but tested with regular bulbs to make sure its not an LED issue. I've also tested the connection with a voltage meter and have 12v running through it with the doors open, and obviously none with the door closed. The lights under the dash and in the doors come on, but the upper dome lights won't. Really weird I know, but anybody got any ideas?

WyomingTahoe

Reaction score
Not a dumb question at all. No, it is not depressed, nor does it work. The button hasn't worked for about a year. I did just troubleshooting this week and found that the ground wire is the problem. I will have to trace the ground wire or just replace it entirely to fix the problem. Thanks for your reply!

Black_tahoe

Reaction score
Did you find the ground

I am having the same problem! Where are the wires you taped it to and where was the ground problem?
Thank you

longday

Reaction score
Usually the ground wire is tap on the body chassis check the housing surely you won't miss it.