'95 Tahoe Poor idle and some stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keithndi

Reaction score
My Tahoe was running like crap. Ive replaced plugs, wires, rotor, distributor cap, O2 sensor, Catalytic converter and the muffler that was rusted out while I was down there.

It runs and sounds better but...The idle is a little rough, but not much. The idle stays pretty much at 600-700 in drive, a little higher in park. But if I turn on the A/C It will stall.

It's also a little hesitant on acceleration.

I read in the forum that I could be looking at the VSS, the EGR valve, or fuel pump (I'm really hoping not on the pump).

Also the Mass Air Flow sensor has been mentioned, but I can't seem to find a part listed anywhere for a '95 Tahoe. Does my truck even have one?

Any help would be appreciated.

rifles1981

Reaction score
your truck does not have mass air flow, you may also want to check your coil if you havent yet, it is located between your distributor and throttle body

dz2a8r

Reaction score
check the fuel pressure at idle and full throttle snap, really sound like the fuel pump

adamabt

Reaction score
i had this recently happen to my 2003 Tahoe. My mechanic could find nothing when he plugged in a code scanner. I Googled the issue and was directed to a youtube video of a guy using throttle body cleaner to flush out his throttle body to curer a similar issue on his Silverado. For less than 5 bucks and less than an hour i gave it a shot. My idle is now stable, i don't stall and the acceleration is remarkably better....worth a shot!