95 Tahoe service engine soon light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95nstyln

Reaction score
As the title suggests, i have a 95 tahoe 5.7L. Recently the service engine light came on while i was driving. The light only comes on when the truck is warm (bout 10-15 min into the drive). After parking for a few hours it goes away, i was on my way and again she warmed up and the light returned. I recently replaced the radiator and hoses and noticed the oil and tranny coolant lines need to be replaced soon. The thermostat was replaced about 5 months ago along with steering/suspension work. The truck does not feel any different when the light comes on and drives fine. I dont live far from my job so it usually only goes 5-10 miles with the light on. I am currently in another state for business and will be gone about a week and plan on the paperclip obd1 trick to pull the exact code as soon as i get back.

Any ideas on what this could be? Kinda stressing over this and would appreciate any help.

Thanks

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O2 sensor? EGR Valve?

Give us the codes and we can help track this down, these TBI trucks are pretty easy to work on...

95nstyln

Reaction score
Thanks for the help i pulled code 32 from the truck this evening. The EGR. How easy is this to replace and how necessary is it? Undrivable?

Thanks

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EGR is not hard to replace, it is hard to find a good one (GO OEM ONLY on this part!!!!!)

Some say EGR wont affect anything, I had loss of MPG when I bypassed mine. I would look for a reason you got the 32, my TBI base gasket was actually blown one time and got a 32......