97 tahoe "Tha Hoe" build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoe Build

Have you tested your new setup with the 4 15" Kickers yet?

What type of SPL #s did it push or what type of #s are you thinking that it will push?

Is that a kit you are using for your hood or did you fabricate the hinges?

JonDeere97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have not tested my set up with a termlab, but its just as loud i not louder than my cousins two 15" DC stage 5 sub that he has 5000watts on.
The reverse hood kit i bought from summit's website. I originally bought it for my 2000 bagged dodge ram but sold truck before kit came in and then found out that the kit summit sales is actually made for 88-98 chevys but they sale it as "universal" but it matchs right up to the core support and just screws to the bracing on under side of hood

EMF Audio

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have not tested my set up with a termlab, but its just as loud i not louder than my cousins two 15" DC stage 5 sub that he has 5000watts on.
The reverse hood kit i bought from summit's website. I originally bought it for my 2000 bagged dodge ram but sold truck before kit came in and then found out that the kit summit sales is actually made for 88-98 chevys but they sale it as "universal" but it matchs right up to the core support and just screws to the bracing on under side of hood

That doesn't surprise me, those DC's aren't as impressive as they look or cost.

JonDeere97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to eventually upgrade to four FI 15 BTLs but there really expinsive i use to have one and it was loud. But im pretty satisfied with my kickers great bang for the bucks

EMF Audio

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would like to eventually upgrade to four FI 15 BTLs but there really expinsive i use to have one and it was loud. But im pretty satisfied with my kickers great bang for the bucks

You should look into the Sundown Zv4's I've got on pre-order, might blow your mind.

JonDeere97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job. Good choices all around

Thank you. Alot of people are stumped on why im only running my kicker 1500.1 at 4ohms only allowing 750watts to get to the subs since there 15s and rated all together for a max wattage of 1500, but they dont under stand that you want to run them at RMS not at their peak, this is how people blow subs