97 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiplash

Reaction score
Ok I just purchased this 97 Tahoe 4 dr, Knowing full on its gonna be a project and learning experience.

I'm probably gonna drive you guys nuts with questions.

My first task is new shoes. my Tahoe is stock. it has on 31x10.5 15's the tire guys says they are shot. Will 33's fit on a stock hoe with no lift with out rubbing or should I stay with the 31's.
I guess that's a start for now. I'll post others in different threads to keep em from getting mixed up.
Thanks In advance!!

justimagination

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome: and wish I could help you, but I'm strickly original, someone here will know, I'm sure. Good luck,
david g. :waytogo:

Andrew99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick with the 31s. Anything bigger and youll need some form of lift to have proper clearance.

Zipper369

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second that. When I put on my current 31s, I had to remove the mudflaps that were on the front. I too am at stock height and I wouldn't go any bigger without a lift first.

adamhoaglin

Reaction score
i just did this a couple weeks ago i had to put a 3in body lift and trim the front plastic air dam and i got 33x11.50/16 on