98 Tahoe 2WD lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckingwevl

Reaction score
I want to get a couple inches of lift and the guys at 4Wheel Parts told me to get torsion keys for the front. I have new monroe heavy duty gas shocks on the front and monroe air shocks on the back. They told me to leave the back alone (no spacers).

Anyone have experience using torsion keys only? I only need a couple of inches for tire clearance. I run 31/10.5/15s. New tires rub a little on turns. The extra inch or two would help get rid of that and firm up the front end as well.

Also I tow a lot and travel on very rock roads that requires high clearance. Would like to firm up the ride. Was looking at sway bars for front and back in addition to the torsion keys. Would that do the trick?

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Tahoe with keys on the front and 3" spacer on the rear. currently running 315/75/16's I only rub when the wheel is completely turned to the left due to the E- Brake cable but the other direction im all clear. torsion keys are ok and cheap but the problem that im starting to run into is the bushings for that crossmember that the keys sit in are wearing out super fast. Im actually looking into getting a real lift. but for now on my budget its actually working out. My hoe has been like this for the last year and no problems besides those bushings which aren't completely bad yet so in other words yes it will do the trick.