99 Tahoe Beach Truck Over haul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishin4x4

Reaction score
Ok I have a 2 door 4x4 99 Chevy Tahoe. It currently has a POS 3" body lift that I am removing. I have taken the upper end off the engine and had the heads ported and polished, increased valve size, replaced rockers, studs and springs and am installing a cam. My next crossroads was to decide whether or not to convert to carb set up. My primary concern is the transmission, Can someone explain the relationship between the tranny and the throttle body and CPU and what converting to carb will require for the transmission to work. I am also considering replacing all wiring thru the whole vehicle with marine grade wire and fuse blocks since it will see a lot of salty air.. Should I also look at a after market fuel injection system. I do like the idea of having a CPU/ controller for tuning on the fly. I just need general advice.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would keep the stock PCM setup, have it tuned for your mods....

There is a standalone transmission controller that you can get if you decide carb for your 4l60e, you will need to install a TPS on the carb as well as another sensor or so IIRC so the trans computer can shift it, but short of dropping a 4l60 or a 700r4 in it or something.......