99 Tahoe -Park lights issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rogster

Reaction score
99 Tahoe with rebuilt wiring adjusted to local laws. Daytime running lights is constantly ON as soon as I turn on the ignition, turn/park lights up front replaced by dealership, excluding original sockets.

So far, so good. Now, I got myself some sweet L.E.D's to replace the existing park/turn lights, hooked them up and suddenly my parking lights (front and rear) will not work with the ignition on/engine running. They do work with ignition off, using the switch but not with the engine running, not even by switch. Fuses are checked and ok.

The L.E.D's I bought came with 4 black boxes each wired to their seperate purpose, 2 for each. I think these boxes contains resistors
So, could it be a relay problem, or what do you guys think?

07burb

Reaction score
Yes those black boxes are resistors which should help them to blink normally with the blink rather than hyperflash. Why they wouldn't turn on with the ignition on is odd. Being a relay issue seems logical but I've never heard of this issue before.

Rogster

Reaction score
Solved!

The problem was an additional fuse box by the steering column.