A/C and remote start- Why doesn't it work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does everyone with remote start unable to have the A/C running to cool down the inside before they jump in the truck. Even if my A/C is set to high it will not turn on when I use the remote start until I actually put the key in the ignition. Does everyone's Yukon/Tahoe work that way?

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No...

Is it just me or does everyone with remote start unable to have the A/C running to cool down the inside before they jump in the truck. Even if my A/C is set to high it will not turn on when I use the remote start until I actually put the key in the ignition. Does everyone's Yukon/Tahoe work that way?

Even with the AC manually turned off, the AC should kick on if it senses the outside temperature significantly different than the inside temperature of the Tahoe...my AC is always running when I get in the car after remote starting it, but I live in Houston, Texas...sounds like you might want to get it checked out. A switch is probably bad...

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think that is a feature not available on my lower end model. I have the SLE2.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check owner's manual? If you don't have automatic temp control, it might not come on with remote start.

Tcwhite

Reaction score
I'm having this same issue but this time in the cold weather I turn the temp to 90 at night and remote start it in the morning and nothing is blowing out when I open the door. Seems kinda pointless for remote start. I have a 07 gmc yukon slt.

slvrbrchyukon

Reaction score
i have an SLE 3SB and my a/c works with my autostart... should have that checked!

Last edited:

AlecThigpen

Reaction score
You don't need A/C in California! It's dry and comfortable out there. Maybe the greenies out there disabled the "feature". :D

It works on my LT3/SL4 or whatever it is. I do have to hit the lock button before pushing the remote start, but the A/C is on high by the time I get in.