A/C Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97srad750

Reaction score
Hi guys. My A/C occasionally stops. Sometimes it works only on high. And sometimes it works like normal. Is this usually the blower motor resistor or is the actual A/C control? Thanks fellas.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I assume the rig is a 97 or is it a secret? What do you mean stops? Stops blowing or does blow but goes from cool to warm? I am assuming you mean only the blower and when it stops you are saying the fan just stops blowing, period? Intermittent problems are the worst to track. I would get a resistor, less expensive, and try that but only after you check connections for tight and cleanliness. Details man! C'mon man!

97srad750

Reaction score
Sorry. It's a 1999. It'll stop blowing completely sometimes.

Thanks for your reply

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the HVAC control, unplug the fan speed switch, you may find the plug burnt up, you can try wiggling the connector with the power on and a speed that is dead or intermittent and see if it will come and go.

If it is burnt up, you will need a new pigtail and switch..... Done several of those....

97srad750

Reaction score
Do you know the part number for the pigtail? It was that and the switch.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to Rock Auto and look up elec connector and blower switch connector. There are some choices there with different applications. If is 8 pin connector then is PT2372 AC Delco part #.