A/C Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris48559

Reaction score
Lately I have been hearing what sounds like a belt squeal when I accelerate. It only lasts for a few seconds but its embarrassing as hell. I noticed that with the A/C off it will never squeal but almost without fail if I turn the A/C on back comes the noise from hell :mad2: Today I noticed I can feel a faint shake in the vehicle when at idle with the A/C on. I turned the A/C off and the shaking stopped. The A/C will also cut on and off intermittently while driving. Any ideas?

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A/C compressor went bad. mine is the same way, waiting till it warms up when i need it. a new a/c compressor from oreilly's is $315. dont even want to know what dealer charges.

chris48559

Reaction score
Exactly what I thought and exactly what I didnt want to hear hahaha, thanks man. How hard is the install? I'll add I have very limited knowledge of this sort of thing, so do you think its something that can be done easily with some hand tools or am I looking at something a little more in depth?

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little more in depth.. Its located at the bottom right front of the engine and you have to remove a lot of crap to get to it. Even if you are successful in getting a new one put on then you are going to have to have the system charged again. Local shop in Omaha charged me 650. About 7 months ago.
I don’t do air or automatic transmissions… I will jack with just about anything else.
Not trying to discourage you, and if you go for it, good luck!!

chris48559

Reaction score
Sounds like something I should leave up to someone who knows what they're doing, thanks for all the help!