A/C Pro will it work for my 98 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scstables

Reaction score
I need to re-charge the a/c on my 98 tahoe. Is A/C pro the right one to do the job? It is for 134a systems, I don't know what the a/c system is on mine. I have a 98 LT model.

Thanks.

scstables

Reaction score
Hoping it will do what it says:

A/C Pro Professional Formula Refrigerant:
Auto air conditioner recharge kit
Replaces lost refrigerant
Cools quickly
Seals leaks
Extends system life
Reusable hose and gauge

Bottoms Polaris

Reaction score
If it's a small leak it might stop it but odds are that it's not going to. I put it in mine and all the freon was gone the next day so good luck. I wound up replacing compressor, dryer , orfice tube. About $250 worth of parts.

scstables

Reaction score
Hi Bottoms,

I hope there are no leaks. Guess the only way to find out is to charge it. I know that in my 88 daytona, the compressor went in 2010 when the car was 22 years old. This truck is only 16 years old haha guess I was lucky with the Daytona.

Of course if there is a leak then I will have to take it to someone to find out where it is.

Bottoms Polaris

Reaction score
Yea, seems like GM compressors don't live that long. Lol. My mechanic said they r notorious for leaking so I just replaced it. All good now.

amtronic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I helped my compressor live in my GM by turning off the air before shutting the engine off.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a dye injector hose and some dye at the parts store for about $30 and if you have a UV light it will glow fluorescent green at the leaks....... Check the low and high side service ports for bubbling as I have alot of leaks from there also....... Kit for that is part # MT2901 comes with a high side and the 3 tire valve like ones (one is low side and the other 2 get used in the cycling switch and low pressrue cut off switch).