A/C problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skychair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all....I posted back in March that I completed my intake gasket and spider replacement, so far the old Yukon runs really a lot better and no anti freeze leaks, every thing looks good.

My A/C needed some work (blowing 50 degrees) in instead of purchasing the equipment to do it my self I let a local business purge/charge my unit.
After it was done I was told everything was in spec, but I probably needed to clean out the evap core, and I did. Got a bunch of leaves out, took a tooth brush to it, as best I could. I made a flexible attachment for a vacuum cleaner and vacuumed real good. (see pict)
Then use a garden hose set on stream to wash the core until clear water ran out under the vehicle. This resulted in an increase of blower volume, and it really quieted down a bunch, but it did not get colder.........Until this morning going to Home Depot with the blower on low, 76 degrees out side the temp gauge read 38 degrees, I thought I had it made....but on the return trip It read 60 degrees with blower on high and now 85 outside. I ran thru the controls and all doors appear to be functioning correctly.

So Im not sure what my next move should be ...sounds mechanical, or switch related....Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00060.jpg
    DSC00060.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00061.jpg
    DSC00061.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 0

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hows the compressor cycling? Could be a bad cycling switch, poor charge, etc....

skychair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hows the compressor cycling? Could be a bad cycling switch, poor charge, etc....

The compressor is not cycling on/off as if it were low on coolant, when it gets cold it's cold+- 39 degrees.
I think the charge is good, which leaves the cycling switch?
Where is the cycling switch?
Thanks for responding........appreciate it.
Ron

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Side of the Acumulator, Ive had 2 go bad and usually it will start off cooling, then quit, eventually it wont run at all...