A/C randomly stops working, then starts back up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bennettmayo

Reaction score
My interior fan will stop blowing completely, on all settings, (a/c, heat, normal)

It doesn't happen very often, maybe once a week (I drive about 350 miles/week), but it will stop, and then start back up on its own.

I am not sure if this is the cause, but the very first time it started was immediately after i added FiberLock Coolant sealer (from K&W) to stop a slight coolant leak. Was this the cause? I feel rather guilty to admit it, but it was an impulse buy and didn't do any real research before using it. Maybe this is my reward for that... hopefully not.

It almost seems as though it is shorting out, or just turning off. anyone have this problem, and/or a fix?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a bad blower switch I would suspect, either that or a fan, need to check it out. Amazon.com carries the OEM switch for near $12 IIRC, sometimes the harness on the switch burns up also......

bennettmayo

Reaction score
I'll have to look into that tomorrow. Thanks a lot. The write up is well written and easy to follow.