A few pics of the 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DofD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there folks. A few pics of the 2009 LTZ I took yesterday.

Dsc_0196_sm.jpg

Dsc_0199_sm.jpg

Dsc_0200_sm.jpg

Dsc_0208_sm.jpg

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Wow. Really looks sharp. And so clean...

I can't tell from the pics, but did Chevy do away with the long radio antenna on the passenger side fender?

DofD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. :)

Not too many changes for 09 other than the six speed tranny. They brought over some trim and rear bumper from the Denali.

The radio antenna is integrated into the rear passenger side window.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The radio antenna is integrated into the rear passenger side window.

Good for them! It's kind of an eyesore on my '02 -- and something I didn't really think about until I saw your pic.

Enjoy.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice! The antenna has been that way since the 07 change. Is the color still Sport Red or something else? Looks nicer than mine has in a while!

DofD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. :)

The colour is red jewel tint coat. New this year for the Tahoe. Initially I was going to get the deep ruby metallic, but it wasn't available on the LTZ. But I am glad I picked the red jewel.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice! The antenna has been that way since the 07 change. Is the color still Sport Red or something else? Looks nicer than mine has in a while!

I think their talking about the onstar antenna on the 02 and back, they changed that in 03. To a smaller one on the roof.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think their talking about the onstar antenna on the 02 and back, they changed that in 03. To a smaller one on the roof.

No, I was talking about the standard radio antenna. My '02 has the OnStar antenna on the roof, but also has a long radio antenna just inside the passenger fender at the windshield plastic trim. It's good for letting you know when you're close to the clearance max in a parking garage, but otherwise looks ugly.

So, this no longer exists on these trucks, and hasn't since '03?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I was talking about the standard radio antenna. My '02 has the OnStar antenna on the roof, but also has a long radio antenna just inside the passenger fender at the windshield plastic trim. It's good for letting you know when you're close to the clearance max in a parking garage, but otherwise looks ugly.

So, this no longer exists on these trucks, and hasn't since '03?

no. Gambler was right then. Its 07 and up. My 06 had it, but my 07 does not.

I actully think their cool. On my silverado I wanna get a matching one for the driverside to hook up a cb radio to.

tahoe 8A

Reaction score
DofD where did you get the grill? looks like a replacement