A few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Nationalist

Reaction score
I have a few questions about my 98 yukon. first, the back windows only go down about 1/4 of the way why is this? they are electric and it works fine but they only go down that far i thought it was a child lock but can not find where the lock may be at. 2nd. books says it has a 30 gallon tank i emptied the tank completely and filled it up and it only took 22 gallons, and once i got past full it drank gas really badly any suggestions? what can i do to improve the gas mileage? the guy i bought it from has put dual exhaust from about 3/4th of the way back and thats it means he did it the cheap way and i think its screwing my gas mileage up, another thing is my gas gage what is wrong with it!? it keeps moving. i asked the parts store they said i would have to take it to a garage or a dealer for them to fix it. any other suggestions are appreciated i just need better gas mileage out of this thing.

BigBlackBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions about my 98 yukon. first, the back windows only go down about 1/4 of the way why is this? they are electric and it works fine but they only go down that far i thought it was a child lock but can not find where the lock may be at.

There is an easy fix..............

Buy a Suburban. ;) J/K that's as far they go down.

The Nationalist

Reaction score
Lol, i have a suburban as well and i LOVE IT! but i can not afford the gas for it, not to smart of me to not pay attention to the gas mileage of the yukon. i cant believe thats as far as the windows go down..that sucks..

NoEcm

Reaction score
Compare the shape of the rear doors between your Suburban and Yukon and you'll see why the window only goes down part of the way on your Yukon.

There's no place to "store" the entire window inside the Yukon door.