ABS and StabiliTrak Lights on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe Rut

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Tahoe Premier with about 24k miles on it. Recently, I was driving it on the Interstate around 70 mph. It was raining and temperature was about 60F. All of the sudden, the StabiliTrak light (the little car with squiggly lines under it) came on. When this happened, there seem to be a loss of power and the vehicle wanted to slow down, even though my foot was still on the gas pedal. After about 1-2 seconds, the light would turn off and the power resumed. This happened on and off for about 5 miles when I decided to exit the Interstate. While approaching the exit ramp, I began to brake and the StabiliTrak light and the ABS light both came on. Both remained on for about 5 miles until I got home.

The On-Star system notified me by email of both Diagnostic Alerts and to bring in for service. Being under warranty, I made an appointment to have Chevrolet take a look at it. It's in the shop today. I'll share the report once they are finished with it.

Has anyone else experience this issue? Any ideas on what would be causing this or why it is happening? Just wanted to share the experience and start a thread on it in case others have similar symptoms.

Tahoe Rut

Reaction score
Problem Solved

I received my 2017 Tahoe back from the dealer. The issue ended up being a damaged wheel sensor on the right rear wheel.

The sensor apparently would sometimes make connection and other times loose connection. This caused the StabiliTrak light and ABS light to come on and go off.

dmad1

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen last year with my '13 Vette. It was also a wheel sensor. Can't just replace the sensor on the later models, have to replace the wheel bearing, etc. because it is built onto it. Older model GMs had one you could easily replace.