Acceleration Hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooter48

Reaction score
Ok, I know there are topics on here about this and I just want some advise. I have a 1994 GMC Yukon 2dr with the 5.7 350. About 7 months ago I took it to the shop because it was hesitating between 1500 and 1700 RPM will going up hill or when it felt like it had a load. The shop said that the plugs were bad and did a tune it up and it ran great. Well 4500 miles later it was doing the same thing and I have checked all the plugs and they look good, plug wires are fine, cap and rotor are good, I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and I have even torn down and rebuilt the throttle body with all new injectors and it ran great for 200 miles and now it is doing the same thing again. Any help would be greatful!! I am at the point to yank the motor and rebuild it.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not the motor. How did you determine that the cap, rotor and wires are good? I would pull the idle air control valve and clean with carb cleaner. Did that get replaced when did the throttle body?

Scooter48

Reaction score
No I did not change that but I will clean it up and see if that helps. There were no cracks or scorch marks on the inside or on the rotor.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the cap, rotor and wires are old then change them. The idle air control valve reacts to loads on engine and helps adjust the air fuel mixture. When you remove it the gasket will likely crack so have a new gasket at the ready or replace the valve with a new gasket. What do you have the timing set at? Adjusted correctly?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tbi hesitation most likely leaky egr valve...