ACDelco 214-2149 Professional Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scrnchr

Reaction score
2004 Tahoe LS 4WD

Failed emissions, codes point to gas cap or evap purge solenoid. Replaced gas cap with OEM cap. Purchased:

ACDelco 214-2149 Professional Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid

31reEbjdO4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Put truck on ramps, crawled under--I can't find the dang thing! Looked all over, but didn't drop spare tire yet.

Anybody know exactly where this thing is? I think I'm losing my mind.

Thanks.

scrnchr

Reaction score
This is the part I bought, which all the parts websites said is the correct part for my 2004 Tahoe LS.

10yj912.jpg

But this two-piece kit is also available, althought the websites say this is NOT the right kit for my Tahoe.

w7gp4.jpg

Here is what I see when I crawl under my truck.

This is near the back of the gas tank. This rectangular piece looks a lot like the one in the two-piece kit above.

157owvb.jpg

This is the Evap Canister mounted on the side of the gas tank.

10iik9t.jpg

One of the lines from the Evap Canister leads to the unit pointed to by the arrows in the next three photos. I can't tell if this is the other part shown in the two-piece kit above. Does anyone know what this part is?

2zf64w6.jpg

16av337.jpg

11c8678.jpg

Finally, this is a little more forward. I'm not sure what the arrow is pointing at, but I don't think it's part of the evap system. Maybe part of the 4WD shifting system? I have no idea.

qrzqrq.jpg

scrnchr

Reaction score
Here are a couple of GM diagrams I found, and a couple of pages from the GM manual. I see there is some confusion between "purge valve" and "vent valve". The manual says the purge valve is under the hood, on the intake manifold. But I have looked at that, and the part I bought is much bigger. I think other GM trucks, especially pickups, have the part I bought near the gas tank. And I think what I bought is a "vent valve" regardless of the word "purge" in the name of the part.

df83g9.gif

29z3312.gif

35iybur.jpg

21dlzpz.jpg

Any ideas on what I have here?

THANKS.

scrnchr

Reaction score
OK, the cylindrical part is a redesigned replacement for the box shaped part at the back of the gas tank. Got it replaced and am waiting for the EVAP check to complete (reset the codes). Now I'm fighting the dreaded P0101 MAF DTC problem. Think I'll buy another GM..... um, no....

scrnchr

Reaction score
The new vent solenoid seems to have worked. No more EVAP codes and the check engine light is off. The EVAP still reads NOT READY but I don't care right now, it passed emissions. I replaced the Mass Air Flow sensor with one from a junkyard for 40 bucks and the P0101 cleared immediately. Now the truck is stuck in 4WD. Yup, buy GM....

scrnchr

Reaction score
The junkyard MAF sensor seems to have fixed the P0101; no more codes. Had to replace the transfer case encoder motor to get the 4WD shifting to work again. Not the easiest job in the world.

Moules

Reaction score
Hi -

How did you get this part to fit on you Tahoe? Did you need a new bracket?

Thanks--

Baldgoat

Reaction score
I just zip tied mine on. I replaced the part on the back of the tank. Code cleared for about a month. So did anyone ever find out what the part was by the fuel filter?

Superintendent

Reaction score
the part by the fuel filter is the ABS booster pump and the electrical plugs going into it on top is the EBCM (electronic brake control module). I just had to have my EBCM rebuilt. It was very tough to get out.