Aftermarket 20" Chrome Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get a used/mint set of chrome 20" rims for my suburban for $300.00. I'M not to sure of the name of the rims. The tires that are on the rims now will only have 6 months or so left on them.

I mainly want to get them so I can take my chrome 20's off for the winter months and use these rims because of the heavy salt that they use on the roads in my area in the winter.

My concern is the TPM sensors, when I take my rims with the sensors off and put the rims without the sensors on will it affect anything besides not knowing the tire pressure?

Also will my stock rims and sensors need to be reprogrammed when installed in the spring?

One more thing, when I install new tires on the aftermarket 20's can I install TPM sensors on these rims too?

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 24s on mine and the rim shop put the tpm system on my rims...so yea its possible... I dnt think you have to keep resetting it

HGS-Dro

Reaction score
yeah you can install the tpm sensors on those rims....should be no problem....

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, that's one question down and two to confirm.

I'm sure it won't effect anything but just want to make sure and I also think that I will need to have the dealer reprogram every time I swap them out.

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope you wont need the dealer