Again..wheel/tires, sizes and looks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoyo

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone.

My first post.
I just bought my first Yukon, a 2002 XL2500 SLT Autoride with just 28k miles on the clock, color Pewter.
The gas prices beeing high over here in Norway, about $8 a gallon, the first thing I did was to have it converted to run on LPG (liquid petroleum gas) which costs me about a third of the price of regular gas.

Now I need new rims and tires for the upcoming summer. For winter I use
265/75-16 cooper M+S. I was thinking of getting either 22" or 20". I need some opinions on ridecomfort with 20" vs the 22". Also I'm looking to get a setup wich will go flush with the fenders. Can anyone supply me with Rim and tire sizes in addition to the offset that will fit this car?

Thanks,
Geir

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience, the ride is incredibly better by going with 20"+. I don't know that the difference is that noticeable between 20 and 22, but that really depends on the tire size.

There are far better resources on sizes and offsets on here that'll be able to chime in more.

Hoyo

Reaction score
Alright.

Anyone care to share their experiences with 22"?
I have found some criser wheels at customwheels.com that I was thinking of getting. 22x10.
Not sure about the tiresize yet.

Geir

heftylefty58

Reaction score
From my experience, the ride is incredibly better by going with 20"+. I don't know that the difference is that noticeable between 20 and 22, but that really depends on the tire size.

Interesting--that's good to know! I'm still about 6 months away (maybe longer) before I change out my ugly stock wheels. However, I've been hearing that our stock 17" wheels are more comfortable (ie, less bumpy) than 20" low-profile wheels. Maybe I've been hearing it backwards. Anyone else care to share their opinions?

opdenali

Reaction score
I have a '04 Yukon Denali and just upgraded to 20's. I went with a Boss 20 x 8.5 w/ 305/50/20 tire. They stick out just a tad from the wheel well and i had to trim a little off the wheel liner to take care of some rubbing issues. They rode pretty hard at first, but then i checked and the installer had put 45 psi in the tires. I reduced the tire pressure to 40 psi and it rides pretty close to stock, but corners a lot better.

Hoyo

Reaction score
ok.
I ended up with the Cruiser 921c rim 22x10, offset -21 and tires
khumo stx 305/40-22.
I look forward to get them on the Yukon.
Thanks for the input.

Geir

heftylefty58

Reaction score
You move fast, Hoyo! :) Try to put up some pics, if you get the chance. :thumbsup:

When my time comes, I'm leaning towards a dark wheel (ie, gray/charcoal/black), but I don't know if I can pull it off with my white Denali. I've been searching for pics via google and cardomain, but haven't found any yet.

best26price

Reaction score
22 give a good ride

I have a black xl denali with 22s and it rides smooth, but Wednesday after Xmas Im upgrading to 26 inch wheels. WILL POST PICS!!!:cool2:

Here a pic of my denali

22 inch American Eagle 3 inch lip
305/40/22 - i think 32psi
YOKOHAMA SUV tires
Escalade luggage rack & Escalade LED's
LIMO TINT all the way around
FULLY LOADEDfamily%20071[1].jpg

Hoyo

Reaction score
No time to waist..life is to short.

Very nice with the 22's.

Thats what I thought. What size are Your tires?

Hoyo

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the ride with 20's on my 02 denali. 275/55/20 pro comp at's will be replacing the stock goodyears once the snow really starts flying here, I'm guessing they will ride quite a bit better then the goodyears and should rally the snow. I might buy some 2's this spring but the roads are so sh*tty here and I prefer to drive like an idiot.
IMG00221.jpg

revbco

Reaction score
I have a black xl denali with 22s and it rides smooth, but Wednesday after Xmas Im upgrading to 26 inch wheels. WILL POST PICS!!!:cool2:

Here a pic of my denali

22 inch American Eagle 3 inch lip
305/40/22 - i think 32psi
YOKOHAMA SUV tires
Escalade luggage rack & Escalade LED's
LIMO TINT all the way around
FULLY LOADEDView attachment 1515

What are you doing to do with your 22's after you upgrade?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo best26price, be sure to post some before and after pics. Your 22's are really nice looking. I like that they're so clean looking. :yesnod:

best26price

Reaction score
Really a few people i know want to buy them but I dont really plan on selling them because i plan get get another truck late '08 early '09. But who knows everything is for sale for the right price....Right?:hlp:

revbco

Reaction score
... But who knows everything is for sale for the right price....Right?:hlp:

True True...

I won't be in the market until the winter season is over here in Iowa. I really like the fact that they look "normal". I prefer the classy normal look for upgrades. My wife just bought me a set of led tail lights and I am going to order a HID kit from the guy that sells them in the classified section of the site.

BTW...Where did you buy them? What did you pay? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

markiv396

Reaction score
Yokohama

Best26price,

What series of Yokohoma did you have on your Denali? I am thinking of putting the Geolandar H/T-S G052 or Parada Spec. If you have one of those maybe you can tell me if it handles snow.

Hoyo

Reaction score
Alright....

I just got my new wheels put on. The first set of the Cruiser wheels I ordered could not be delivered due to an offset issue. They, Customwheel.com offered me some Helo 837's as an replacement with 305-45-22 tires. I put them on today. The rears are ok but the fronts stick out about 1,3/8" which bugs me somewhat, I had to trim off the fender innerline due to rubbing issues. I called the dealer to maybe get another set for the fronts with an higher than et+22 and a something smaller than 9,5". It turns out that Helo does not come with, say 8,5 or an et of +25. I just have to live with my fronts sticking out.
As far as the driving experience, I can hardly tell any difference between my new tires-wheel and my old 16" with 265-75. Thats the good news, combined with that my new wheels look good on the truck if I just put the sticking out issue aside.

Geir

heftylefty58

Reaction score
I currently have my stock wheels, but I personally like the "sticking out" look...as long as it's not extreme.

Can you post pics?