Air bag light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aDC10mech

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Tahoe with service airbag message on. 92 bucks later dealer says its the front end sensor #2 shorted out wants 360 to replace. Where is it and how hard to change? Thanks for any help on this one

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

The sensor is on the under side of the from bumper and they are EASY to change. First remove the ABS fuses, then unplug the sensor, remove the old sensor and install the new one. I will try to get a pic of it in a bit. But it is not hard at all.

clkelley

Reaction score
I'm having issues uploading the pic, but if you get under the front end on your back and look up to find the bottom of the radiator support, there should be two sensors, one mounted at each end of the radiator support. You can unplug it and use a what should be a 10mm wrench, open or boxed, to remove the mounting bolt.

aDC10mech

Reaction score
Sounds easy enough, do you know will there be a part number on it and about what it will cost? Thanks you have been a great help.....

clkelley

Reaction score
Yes Sir, the GM part number is 10370149 and they cost anywhere from $60-120 depending on where you can find them with the best pricing. They are listed on Amazon, Ebay, etc. But make sure that if you go for the cheapest that you research the source to make sure you get a reputable dealer. You may want to send a message to SuperchargedSS here on the forum. He runs OEMPartsDirect.com and can get what you need and you will be getting it from a supporting Vendor for the site so if there are issues or whatever you always know they are here for you.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you really have to be commenting on all these old post I mean its cool that you like the post but Really come on bro you know what your doing

familyguy91b2

Reaction score
Just got my 2004 tahoe a couple days ago and its got some issues..the a/c goes from cold to hot all the time...the air bag light is always on and my service tire monitor is on.worried I got a bad truck

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok lets start with AC when going from cood to hot is it on both driver and passenger side that it does it or just driver side.. and or passenger side.. on airbag issue can you tell if its been in an accident can you look under the hood and look at the bolts that hold the front fenders and hood that holds them in place.. as far as the TPM light does it have factory wheels or aftermarket wheels.. get me that info and I will see if I can direct you in the right direction as far as what you may need

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats an RPO it's describing what type of differential you have... I don't want to be bouncing around all over the place so let me know what you want help on as those mentioned concerns you asked me about so let me know once you get that info..

familyguy91b2

Reaction score
I have factory rims and factory size tires.I have a small dent in my right rear fender roughly the size of my hand that may have something to do with my air bag sensor.I had someone look at my a.c. compressor and was told it is cycling normally.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok on your tire look at the valve stem thats wher you put the air in the tire do they look somewhat aluminum in texture with a hex head around the housing if so they are the original ones from the factory and chances are there done they usually only last about 3 to 4 years tops.. now on your air bag light if the vehicle hasn't been in an accident chances are it may just be a connection issue with one of the air bag sensors the most common is the steering wheel air bag coil the connector for the is on the left side kick panel that panel is the one by the parking brake assy and its where the hood release handle is if you remove that panel you should see a yellow connector there kinda shoved into a little pocket if you disconnect it look at the connector terminals on the male side get some needle nose pliers and slight twist the terminals so that when you plug it back in it will assure a better connection see if that takes care of the airbag light.. as far as your ac does it get warm on driver side only or even the passenger and rear let me know