Air hot in front cold in back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowHunter

Reaction score
I got a 2004 Tahoe Z71 and the rear air is blowing cool
when the heat is hot in the front, I have tried letting the kids control in the back and still does same thing. What's the first thing too try?

Ruthless

Reaction score
Double check however i don't believe you have rear heat. Only rear ac. If your ac system is turned off then the rear vents only recirculate air from the cargo area through those vents. Again im not certain however i dont believe any of them have rear heater cores.

BowHunter

Reaction score
The one I have has heater settings for rear controls. Think it has lines that run to back for heating.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its most likely going to be the rear hvac blend door actuator thats on the right rear wheel well cover inside of the vehicle when you open up the rear hatch

BowHunter

Reaction score
That's what it is. Got to replace it and my dang 3rd brake light is out so ordering one of those. Thanks for the help.

Bald Jerry

Reaction score
rockenthebowtie is right... Coached me when I needed help a while back on my front one and when the rear started doing it I figured one back there too. Very easy to do.

I put up some pics on a thread when I did my rear one that someone started called rear AC blows hot air. Just search my post and you will see it. Very easy to do.