Amp power!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to hook the new 800w amp up and my battery has no top plugs, the ones on the back only have room for the car hookup!!! So is there any way to hook up near the fuse block or any wire i can use to get power...without having to buy a new battery...Help :mpr:

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I understand what your saying you have no top post and your side post
only has room for the car hook up? If thats the case have you got enough room
to use side post extenders? That way you can run the truck and your amp.

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep only side posts and they are really short. I havent seen extenders>> but it would be awsome to plug it in somewhere around the fuse block!!

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autozone should have the side post extenders.I'm not sure there is a spot at or near the fuse block that you can tap on to and be ok to do so with amp drawing so much current and it not cause some kind of damage.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your not going to be running a boatload of power hook it up in the red "batt" box on the side of the motor near the alternator. there is a easy post in there....

TXST8tj

Reaction score
this is what you are looking for....
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=713&i=211BAGMT&tp=2681

h211BAGMT-fp.jpg

of course you can probably find the samething at walmart, autozone, bestbuy, circuitcity, etc., but that is essentially what you want. it replaces the factory post and has an addtional post with nut to secure the amp power cable.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a flat connector on the battery post btw the battery and the bolt