Another new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan1987

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hey and thanks for all this great information

I got my 96 tahoe a month ago is a black 4 dr LT 4x4 140k miles runs and drives great

So far
True Dual exhaust flowmaster 50 series chrome tips straight out the back
Alpine system infinity sub custom box
removed door molding for new tahoe lettering (seen this here looks great)
leveled the front end
ordered billet grill insert
ordered red leds for gauges and hvac
K&N filter Bosch plat. plugs

I would like to run 265s on here after tax money any ideas on which ones?

And another question when i removed the molding there are a few spots where the paint seems milky colored. Its not on the top coat from what i can tell its very smooth and polishes up just like the rest of the paint any ideas short of repainting?

I see alot of great things goin on here guys. I do all my work myself and i like seein other guys doing the same. My buddy got a 99 suburban around the same time so were always doin work on them. More so on his we messed up the front of his doing some racing i guess you could say i won but he corssed the finish line first right into a 4 foot ditch lol. Ive read just about everything on here and have a lot of great ideas, im a rotating shift electrician so on off shifts around here at night i have nothing else to do

Last edited:

Dan1987

Reaction score
This is the day i got the truck home nothing had been done to it after i get all my parts on ill take more pictures

0106091516.jpg

these are the letters i ordered and put on today

0219091527.jpg

Dan1987

Reaction score
the top reflector was missing that was the only thing wrong with it. Idk how you lose one of those but i got another from LMC

corvhoe7795

Reaction score
You're probably going to need paint on the milky areas. You can try a product called Finesse-it II made by 3M. It's not as abrassive as rubbing or polishing compounds. For some reason the clear coat turned this way over the base coat. Probably the moldings prevented the clear coat from fully curing after they were put on at a body shop.

Dan1987

Reaction score
I got the letters on Ebay for like $20 they were very easy to put on they come in sets of two or three if you want one on the rear door. I just got the two

corvhoe7795
Thanks for the tip ill have to try that out. Painting in the last resort i was quoted at 300 to paint the bottom sound reasonable?

Dan1987

Reaction score
some more pictures let me know what you think

0128090916.jpg

Tahoe in the snow

0225091745.jpg

all clean

0225091746.jpg

New front (clear lights to come)

0225091746a.jpg

2007 Tahoe emblem

0225091746b.jpg

true dual 50 series flowmaster

Dan1987

Reaction score
0225091747.jpg

side shot

0225091747a.jpg

Red LED in dash

0225091747b.jpg

Alpine digital music deck great for my ipod

0225091748.jpg

Infinity 10 inch sub DVC in custom box

0225091749.jpg

Both alpine amps 4 channel and mono. I gotta finish cleanin up the wires didnt want them to short

corvhoe7795

Reaction score
The Finesse-it II just might take the milky away. The $300 dollars is good when you figure prepping the area, some paint, clear coat and labor. If it comes to that, well hey it'll be done and looking good. But do try the Finesse-it II first. You can find it in an auto parts store that sells body work stuff to body shops. The Finesse stuff is good for a lot of things like plastic glass over your gauges too. So if it doesn't work on the milky it can be used for other things too. What I'm saying is it's not a waste of money. And you only use a tiny bit, just a dab on the rag is all.