Antifreeze Leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

helmetjt

Reaction score
Hey all. So im new here but have been a Lurker for a long time. I have a 2001 Tahoe 4wd 5.3 and just today my vehicle ran hot and shut off. The reservoir was bone dry and everytime i added some it would take seconds before it was empty again and tbe engine would run hot. The leak appears to be coming from the large hose that splits to the heater core. Can anyone offer any suggestions and if possible a username and pass ro alldata so i can see a diagram of the sysyem? Im confident i can fix it if i just had some guidance. Thanks for your support and i will be sure to continue fo rerurn. If You are kind enough to share your all that information with me please just send me A private message. I give you my word that I will only use it for The diagram of the radiator system.

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alldata passwords are changed regularly anyways but...does the antifreeze leak out onto the ground or is the leak is not visible?

helmetjt

Reaction score
Actually own to the ground. If I pop my hood and I'm filling up the reservoir I can actually see the Fluid pouring from under the car. but it does not seem to be coming from the radiator itself. as far is all data goes do you know of anywhere that I can get it an image in a diagram of the reservoir the hoses and the radiators so that I can see exactly which hoses need to go where in to enssure everything is hooked up properly?

gibsonsynthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

I have not tried this personally, but I do know that coolant leaks can be checked with a black light. Although, if you have been leaking a lot it might be hard to tell where it is coming from because the fluid could be all over. But I am sure you could get a black light bulb for some standard light used for working on your car and check it out.

Otherwise, I would just pick a starting point and just follow all the lines as far as you can see and start checking all the connections. You could also take it to a shop and ask them to pressure check the coolant system for you.

Good luck with this.