Anyone getting over 15mpg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

graphicguy

Reaction score
Mine must be loosening up....LTZ 4WD.

I started out getting about 12.5 MPG. After about 7,000 miles, it started to get better.

Now wiht 9K miles, mixed highway/city, I'm getting 16 MPG. All highway I'm getting 17 MPG. All city driving I'm getting between 14-15 MPG. It's getting better with every fillup, too.

Sevice tech it would level out at about 20,000 miles.

slowmobile

Reaction score
Wife averages 14.xx with 70%hwy,30%city driving on a Denali w/ 13k miles. She uses the remote start religiously. I babied the throttle and got 20 on the hwy a few times as a test, but I don't believe it. I wonder if you overfill it, if it may trick the computer. Last summer I got 17 hwy on a 200 mile trip to Nebraska, but I had a heavy foot and was averaging 90mph. In the city I average 13 excluding the remote starts.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just got a calculated 19.5 on a 250 mile highway trip "downhill" from MA to southern NJ. This was basically exit ramp to exit ramp. Once on the local roads though, the mileage gets pulled down quickly. The engine has about 40 hours on it, and 1800 miles.

If only the engine would stay in V4 for longer periods of time. On even slight grades on the bottom half of the NJ Turnpike, it would switch back to V8. Very frustrating!! Though I can now hear when when it slides in and out of V8. The V4 has a definate rumble to it.

Last edited:

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My update: 18-19 MPG average. City is around 14-15, highway some 21-22.

This is with the computer reading which in turn is exact as I checked it at the fillups. That's on my 07 Suburban. Still not broken in.

I'm pleased.