Anyone use these HID kits????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, here is a question. Has anyone ever seen the kit that Summit Racing has, it is for regular headlights. It is like $16, and it allows you to run you low beams with your highs. Would this work with HID lows? So you get the kit and be able to run you low HID beams when you have you highs on?

when I had my HID's installed, I ordered the 4-HI kit, he said it will operate lows and highs, even if they are HID's, with no issues.

05LS

Reaction score
There was a post on here about jumping the socket on a harness with a diode, I believe, to get the lows to work with the highs (when on).

silvergoat

Reaction score
M.M & CHISTOSO how was the install i did some research and i seems like they dont bring this relay harness just are saying it might burn up the stock harness?. its that true on your part did the package bring harness and did u guys installed it with stock ?

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
M.M & CHISTOSO how was the install i did some research and i seems like they dont bring this relay harness just are saying it might burn up the stock harness?. its that true on your part did the package bring harness and did u guys installed it with stock ?

Install was esy, execpt for my wire connections. No relay in my kit, just plug factory wire conector to HID kit and plug in bulb done. Never heard of the possibility of burning up the stock harness.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a relay and fused them . I already had lows and had a relay and fuse for them and this time it was my highs and fogs. I'll take pics of my lighting fuse and relay panel as soon as my daughter gets back with my camera..

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a relay and fused them . I already had lows and had a relay and fuse for them and this time it was my highs and fogs. I'll take pics of my lighting fuse and relay panel as soon as my daughter gets back with my camera..

pics of that would be great

silvergoat

Reaction score
Got them today .. Pretty fast shipping got the lows and fogs any tips on installing the kits? Do I need to drill out the back of the headlight cap?? Thanks

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking drilling to be able to put the bulb in the healdight assembly?

Not sure what year you have. But on my 04 I did not do any drilling.

silvergoat

Reaction score
Yea I own an 04 denali reason I ask about drilling is that my other cars I had to drill behind the headlight cap to fit the bulb M M u also have an 04 denali??

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the metal bracket and zip tied them to the fan shroud.

Can someone give some info on the relay/fuse set up. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

silvergoat

Reaction score
can u take pics of that?. please

yea also want info that relay question