Audiobahn AWIS12P Quad V-coil - 2 Ohm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 Audiobahn AWIS12P Quad V-coil - 2 Ohm speakers – I can’t find a wiring diagram anywhere on line…. There are 4 sets of connections on each speaker. I would like to know how to run these either in series or parallel to achieve a 2 Ohm load and also how to wire for a 1 Ohm load.
I have a meter at home and will experiment some more tonight. I think I’m running a ½ Ohm load now because I’m pissing off some 25 amp fuses and about ¼ volume.

tann808

Reaction score
wire the first pair of coils in series (2 ohm + 2 ohm down to 1 ohm)
wire the second pair of coils in series (2 ohm + 2 ohm down to 1 ohm)

a) wire these two series in series again (1 ohm + 1 ohm up to 2 ohm)
b) wire these two series in parallel (1 ohm + 1 ohm down to .5 ohm)

You'll have to gain match the amp, that'll save some fuses and clipping issues.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I just figured out my wiring for my CRX (16) 8" RE D4 down to 2 ohm. took sometime, I'm not a pro at this. LOL

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep they are called quad 2's - 4 voice coils and 2 Ohm...
and they are pissing me off, because no matter what I do I can't get these damn things to 2 Ohms. I even tried this.........

PARALLEL-SERIES-2ohm.jpg

The thing that makes it so confusing is that on these subs they are not + - on the same terminal. There are 4 sets, 2 each together, but they go
1. 1+ 2+
2. 3- 4-
3. 3+ 4+
4. 1- 2-

Last edited:

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha wow. thats audiobahn for you. you should send them a email or something though.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this will work..

After getting out the meter I found that each of the 4 coils has 1.5 Ohms. Not sure why the he!l they call this a 2 Ohm speaker? None the less they are working nicely now. From what I read (from several different sources) someone please correct me if you have found something different…. The four coils are for setting up different load configurations, that’s about it, and you don’t have to use all 4 of them.

My amp in one Ohm stable.. So I took the 1- to the 2+ and put my speaker wires, red on 1+ and black on 2-. Doing this I was able to raise the Ohms to 3.0 per speaker. Then I ran them in parallel essentially dropping them back to 1.5 Ohm load at the amp with BOTH running. Prior this this the load was about .5 and that's what was making the amp mad.

She is STOMPING now…..

DSC05009.JPG

DSC05018.JPG