Avalanche cladding

Do you miss the Avalanche cladding?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you miss the cladding of the old Avalanche? I personally like both but I'd like to see a two-tone option for the new Avalanche rather than cladding.

Attachments

• '05 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71.jpg
    '05 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Miss it? Are you kidding?!? Absolutely NOT. I hated the look of that thing -- made me angry every time I saw one. I always referred to it as "that hideous GM Tupperware truck". Don't miss it one little bit, and I think all the old ones still on the road should be stripped of it. :puke:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should point out that I think the new ones look really nice... :thumbsup:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Miss it? Are you kidding?!? Absolutely NOT. I hated the look of that thing -- made me angry every time I saw one. I always referred to it as "that hideous GM Tupperware truck". Don't miss it one little bit, and I think all the old ones still on the road should be stripped of it. :puke:

:iagree: One of the main reasons I didn't get an Avalanche. The grey plastic around the truck just simply made it look cheap IMHO, although the pic of the black Z71 Jordan23 posted in the 1st thread doesn't look too bad.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also almost got one... I mean who wouldnt like the best of both worlds truck and SUV? but what i could afford 02-03 had the plastic the 04 and up a little out of my price range at the time, have the option for the smooth doors and bumpers. O well:rolleyes2:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am split, the cladding looks good at some angles, and I think it makes it look tougher when they are lifted. On the other hand without the cladding they looks SOOOO clean. If it came down to it I would definately say :fu: to the cladding! :Chevy:

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always wondered why the one with cladding had painted door handles and mirrior caps. The one W/O cladding had unpainted plastic handles and caps.:confused2:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt like it, it looked like tupperware. I mean, its tough and everything, but I like the painted version of it better somehow.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad has one with cladding.. that shiet sucks. its like faded, ahh what a pain it is.. My bro and i tell him to paint it jsut like an escalade..

Tahoe RST

Reaction score
1.jpg

FTW-

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The older models reminded me of plastic Tonka toys. The new model has some class.