average MPG, whats yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CobraKai

Reaction score
I get 13-15 around town and 20 on the freeway. My mpg/tank is usually 16-17, since my driving is a mix of the two.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
~15-16 mpg in the city and ~19-20 mpg on the freeway. I have the Z71 4x4 with 4.10 final drive with ~9,500 miles. Only performance mod is the Magnaflow muffler (stock pipes with resonator).

Not too much traffic here and if I time it right, I am in V4 mode a lot in town.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
11-12 city, 15-17 hwy w/ one tank at 19.

Be aware that the the DIC is about 0.5-1.0 mpg optimistic. If you haven't already, suggest calculating a few tankfuls to "calibrate" your DIC.

Murfs

Reaction score
2008 LTZ, I drive like an egg is under the throtle, get 18 MPG with AC ,19 without, aveage. Not much fun driving this way but helps on those fill ups.

fernando47

Reaction score
ever since i got my tahoe i had never reset the avg miles per gallon. it remained at 13.7 for a while. last night when i filled up my tank i reset it. and it keeps on changing. it went up to 17mpg. then it goes down fast to 13 then back up to 17. has anyone had this happen to them before?

metal rail

Reaction score
ever since i got my tahoe i had never reset the avg miles per gallon. it remained at 13.7 for a while. last night when i filled up my tank i reset it. and it keeps on changing. it went up to 17mpg. then it goes down fast to 13 then back up to 17. has anyone had this happen to them before?

You are getting that because you just reset the computer give it some drive time it will level off.

I dont use the DIC for reference it is far from accurate, I have been averaging 15.5 mostly city and some highway and when mostly highway and some city up to 17.3 again I have reset the DIC and gone through one tank of fuel and it was off by more than 1 mpg as well as the gallons used. Do your own calculations and you will see the correct mpg.