awd ?'s 04 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you recomend getting a kit with new shocks or is shock extensions fine?

imn loking at a kit with new coils, drop keys and shock extensions

or would spindles be better than keys up front?

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have auto ride? (sensors on the front shocks) I'd do the keys, springs, and extensions kit but replace the front shocks with some bilstein 5100s. You can do the rears too but I'd stick with the extensions and do some rear 5100s for a stock application.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought the auto ride was the sh!t on the lade and nali that adjusts the rear end when more weight is added... however, i still do not think i have auto ride

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought the auto ride was the sh!t on the lade and nali that adjusts the rear end when more weight is added... however, i still do not think i have auto ride

Z71 and auto ride are mutually inexclusive. Cause their both a susupension system. Z71 is the code. Z55 is autoride.

I have auto ride on my 07 and had it on my 06 I love it cause when towing or hauling it does not look wierd.

Last edited:

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT, thats probably the most informative thing you have ever said on this forum.... i was aware that the Code Z71 refered to the suspension, however i wasnt sure about the auto ride portion....

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT, thats probably the most informative thing you have ever said on this forum.... i was aware that the Code Z71 refered to the suspension, however i wasnt sure about the auto ride portion....

Hey just an FYI. Its z55. Sorry for the mistake.

Chevyv10

Reaction score
not a single person on here has an all wheel drive? i thought for sure someone would have something to say?!

Hey man I have an 04 tahoe LT with all wheel drive for about three years now. As of the other day the all wheel drive will not function properly. As soon as the rear tires spin the front ones will lock up and make me go sideways. Never did that till now. Could always have a little fun in the snow with this SUV but now it it just annoying. I'm gonna look for a z71 tahoe so I can have the option of shutting 4wd on and off when I please. So that being said... Anyone who likes to have fun in the snow do not get an awd tahoe.