Back again, good or bad news?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back again after many moons because of a topsy turvy life and changes. I still have the same 2002 Tahoe in my pic, with the rear barn doors. I really had no idea how rare those rear doors are till you drive around and see Tahoe's with the same body still and they all seem to have the liftgate design. I see the barn doors on Suburbans all the time.

Anyway, I am looking to buy a newer year in the 2009 to 2011 area and did post about that in the correct forum.

You may remember me as being very opinionated and maybe unfortunately for some, I still am. I have over 35 years in the repair business as an ASE Master and ASE Consultant and as a service manager. That all stopped in 2008. Glad to be back though.

Shaggy

Admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Back again after many moons because of a topsy turvy life and changes. I still have the same 2002 Tahoe in my pic, with the rear barn doors. I really had no idea how rare those rear doors are till you drive around and see Tahoe's with the same body still and they all seem to have the liftgate design. I see the barn doors on Suburbans all the time.

Anyway, I am looking to buy a newer year in the 2009 to 2011 area and did post about that in the correct forum.

You may remember me as being very opinionated and maybe unfortunately for some, I still am. I have over 35 years in the repair business as an ASE Master and ASE Consultant and as a service manager. That all stopped in 2008. Glad to be back though.

Welcome back! What are you driving now?

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also belong to the Tahoe/Yukon forum and it seems they have at least 90% of the same forum look as here. Plus, that forum seems way busier. Am I missing something?

Shaggy

Admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I also belong to the Tahoe/Yukon forum and it seems they have at least 90% of the same forum look as here. Plus, that forum seems way busier. Am I missing something?

Nope your not missing anything. I also own/run www.TahoeYukonForum.com and it's much, much more active then here.

Shaggy

Admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, I thought so.

So the story goes, I started TYF before owning this site. Years ago, this place was broken. It wasn't allowing members to post and the owners of TF did nothing to fix it. So I started TYF and most here found out about it and moved there.

Eventually, I got ahold of the owner of TF and bought it off them and fixed the site. TYF just continued to grow and this one just stayed still. TF still gets great visitor activity but not alot of post activity.

ada788

Reaction score
Hey man, its good to see you again in the community.