Backup camera install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dafink

Reaction score
Hey guys, newb here, searched and didn't find anything on this, so here it goes

I have the factory NAV system without the back up camera, if I order the backup camera how difficult is it to install? Is it prewired, wireless or do I need to wire it through the whole truck?

I want the camera b/c I have little kids and dont' want to run them or their stuff over, EVER!

Thanks in advance and stay tuned for more questions re: wheels, trim, exhaust and air intake...

cruzer076

Reaction score
hey create a DYI when you do. I'm wanting to do the same thing. I heard that you may need to get the car programmed for it?

Dafink

Reaction score
Bump...nothing on this from anyone? Must be a rare option or worse a tough job

veetek

Reaction score
Just wondering if ou had any luck with the installation ? and whether your vehicle was prewired or not.

Thanks,

Dafink

Reaction score
I was told by the dealer "don't even try, it's an expensive nightmare"

veetek

Reaction score
Hm , Ive got an LT 2013 with no nav in it , but I bought an unlocked Nav and its being delivered today, I will attempt an install over the weekend , from what I know all you have to do is to secure the camera under the applique plug it into the nav and program it. That shouldnt be to difficult .... I have also heard that those vehicles are leaving factory prewired from tail to head.

Ill report shortly :)

Thank you for you answer.

RayTech1340

Reaction score
I'm also Curious about the wiring? Please update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk