Been a long time coming...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aub1e

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I live at the beautiful Emerald Coast of Florida! After looking for weeks for a 90's model 2 door Tahoe, I have finally found me one! I have always wanted one but really didnt have the need for one. I recently moved here and was told that if I am gonna live here that I will need to get a boat. Well, I got me a boat...just needed something to tow it with. I am picking up a 99 Tahoe LS 4X4 this Friday! I will basically be the 2nd owner. The guy who currently owns it has only had it for 3 months...he never even tagged it. It has 137K miles on it and is in immaculate condition! I have been told that the previous owner took very good care of it and it shows. There are a few minor issues like the driver side power window motor sounds like the gears are stripped, a cracked windshield, and a slow leak in the AC. The AC blows cold air, it just eventually leaks freon. No leaking valve covers, No leaking rear main seal, 4X4 works, new tires, new brakes, runs strong as an ox! The only thing wrong is a University of Alabama "A" sticker on the back windshield :yucky:... It will be replaced with an Auburn University sticker. All of that being said, I have read allot of bad things about the transmission on these trucks. Is there anything that I should be looking for or something to prevent transmisson failure, etc? Is there anything else that I should be concerned with going forward? I look forward to meeting everyone.

WDE!

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome:I can't help you with any of your questions. I am sure that someone knowledgable WILL come along soon.:welcome: